Shopify Product Image Sizes: The Ultimate Guide 2022Shopify
Product photography holds a very important role in ecommerce because studies show that people remember 80% of what they see and 20% of what they read. Use of Google Lens has also become more popular and common these days which allows the users to drag or snap a photo of clothes, furniture or home decor without having to describe in words what they are looking for in a search box. Online shoppers expect an experience which would be very close to an in-store experience, and this is where pictures help the sellers in providing their customers with that experience. For Shopify, image sizes also play a vital role in operating online. According to Shopify, “When it comes to choosing file types and dimensions for your images, keep in mind quality, page load times, zooming capability, and marketplace requirements, especially if you are selling on multiple platforms” as it is very important. Shopify always tries to make their merchants’ experiences with Shopify as better as they can be which is why they always suggest ways to improve ecommerce site performance and page speeds.
All Shopify Image Sizes:
Shopify motivates its users to choose the right dimensions for the images they have decided to use for their brand. The images should not be too large as it will slow down the speed of your pages which will result in poor experience for your customers. On Shopify, you can upload images of up to 4472 x 4472 pixels with a file size of up to 20 MB. Shopify also automatically changes the size of your images for mobile phones users. But for special or different image cases, manual editing will be required.
● Slideshow Image Size: The recommended Shopify slideshow image size is 1200px to 2000px width, and 400px to 600px height.
Start your Shopify 14-day trial with FireApps
Did you know Shopify is now accounting for 20% of the e-commerce business.
Over 2200 merchants open their Shopify store everyday and 50% of them have a repeat purchase. Join them today!
● Collection Image Size: They can be any size up to 4472 x 4472 px, or 20 megapixels, but there are no specific restrictions on their sizes. The suggested size by shopify is around 2048 x 2048 px for high resolution square images.
● Product Image Size: You can upload images of up to 4472 x 4472 pixels with a file size of up to 20 MB, but the recommended size is 2048 x 2048 pixels for square product photos.
● Featured promotions: Out of the Sandbox is one of the most popular and an award winning theme of Shopify. The featured promotions section is to attract customers’ attention and to direct them towards specific content in your shop.
● Gallery: Your customers can browse through your products and their images through your gallery page. The gallery page can consist of images, videos, and other media types according to your preference.
All Shopify Image Formats: Image formats means organizing or storing digital images. The image formats Shopify supports are JPEG or JPG, Progressive JPEG, PNG and GIF. If you upload your image in a format that is not supported by Shopify, then Shopify will automatically convert it to the format it supports.
Best Free Tools to Resize & Optimize Shopify Images:
As you already know the significance of proper sized pictures at Shopify, it is important for you to pay proper attention to it which could be quite hard for a startup business entrepreneur. To help these entrepreneurs, the below listed tools are some of the best tools for them to resize and optimize Shopify images:
1.Photo Resize by Pixc
Photo Resize by Pixc replaces all of your product photos with correctly sized ones and offers the first 50 images for free. You can choose a square, landscape, portrait and background color according to your theme. This app also runs in the background to resize your images while you are working on something else.
2. SEO Image Optimizer & Resizer by Spurit
The best feature of SEO Image Optimizer & Resizer by Spurit is that it helps to rank higher on Google Image Search. It also improves the speed of your website loading and is also quick overall which saves a lot of costs and time. You also get image resizer, photo size compression and image alt text optimization tool altogether in a single app.
3. Bulk Image Edit
Bulk Image Edit is a great tool to use for big sales such as Black Fridays as it is very quick and works best to increase your sales. Bulk Image is an extraordinary tool in terms of reducing the size of your images without losing any visible image quality which will quicken the speed of your website without any compromises. It also works to reach your targeted audiences as efficiently as possible. Bulk Image also keeps your images in uniform sizes to keep your site organized.
4. PixPix: Simple Image Editor
PixPix is an easy to use app with a huge variety of image editing features. You can directly open a product in this app from your product details page under Shopify’s admin section. You can crop and resize your images which best suit your theme. You can also change the orientation, color and lightening of your images through this app. You can upload or delete images in bulk through PixPix.
5. Super Watermarks
Super Watermarks is an advanced app which allows you to create labels, badges and stickers and add them to your shop. These labels and stickers are normally used for big sales and campaigns like Cyber Mondays. You can personalize these badges according to the upcoming event. This app is very useful in boosting up your sales as these stickers, badges and labels attract customers.
Best Practices For Shopify Image Use:
● Product Only Images: product only images usually have a white background with no designs, this practice is followed to solely focus on the product.
● Lifestyle Images: lifestyle images include people in the pictures which means that your product will be advertised by showing a life related activity.
● Product In Use Images: these images show the users using your product(s) in the image to help your audience understand the nature of your product(s)
Having good quality and uncomplicated images on your ecommerce website plays the biggest role in your sales as these pictures are what makes your customers rely on you and trust you. It is also very important to choose the simplest way of capturing the pictures of your products as the simplicity will help you advertise your products more properly as the product will have the whole main focus. It is also important to have all your images in the same organized sizes to attract your audience. The size also matters the most as it should not be too small for your customers to be unable to see it or the size should not be too big either as it will slow down the speed of your site. Always remember to invest in a good photography service while establishing your business over the internet as the photos and their sizes matter a lot, especially when you choose Shopify to sell online.
[…] Shopify product image size matters a lot when it comes to setting up your online store, here’s a complete image guide for you to know. […]